With the recent outbreak of commits and decommits spread in-between many coaching changes, this has become one of the most tumultuous recruiting periods in history.
With the Sun Devils still in the mix for several players, here are the top targets still on their board:
1. LB Cameron Judge – Another soft verbal commit ASU is looking to poach, Judge is one of the top linebackers in the region. A big hitter with a high football IQ, Judge initially committed to UCLA, but has kept his options open. A high school teammate of current Devil LB Carlos Mendoza, Judge could strengthen an already deep position if he commits ASU’s way this week.
2. CB LJ Moore – One of the best athletes still available, Moore is an elite ballhawk with excellent tackling and cover skills. The Fresno native is considering the Devils along with Oklahoma and Oregon State. Moore would be a huge addition to a secondary that was among the nation’s best in 2012. He could certainly compete for time with Deveron Carr graduated and no definitive replacement going into spring practice.
3. S Michael Parker – A physical specimen who was a late target of the Devils, Parker seems to be high on the Maroon and Gold leading up to signing day. A ferocious hitter lauded for his skills in run and pass defense, Parker is considering ASU and Miami. With Keelan Johnson and Kevin Ayers gone and Alden Darby in his senior season, Parker would be a nice addition to the wide open safety position.
4. OT George Adeosun – Another late target for the Devils, Adeosun is a prototypical offensive lineman at 6’6″, 300lbs. A high school teammate of ASU commit QB Joshua Dobbs, Adeosun, scouted as a mauling pass blocker, is considering ASU among several SEC and ACC schools. He would be a welcome addition to a position that struggled at times last season and was in need of depth going into the offseason.
5. ATH Marcus Ball – Another de-commit due to a coaching change, Marcus Ball is still in the mix at Wisconsin, but the Devils are neck-and-neck for his services. A projected safety, ASU’s coaches have expressed interest in lining the versatile Ohio native up on both sides of the ball. Ball has an elite skill set that would be welcome in Tempe.
Follow Ryan Knowles on Twitter: @RyKno52
Topics: Arizona State Sun Devils, ASU "ASU Football" "ASU Recruiting" "football Recruiting" "Todd Graham" "Darren Carrington" "LJ Moore" "Cameron Judge" "LJ Moore" "Michael Parker" "college Football" "George Adeosun" "Marcus Ball", Football